At Home with 4-H
Outreach Programming for 4-H Alberta Members and Leaders
During this time of in-person program suspension, 4-H Alberta is continuing to create resources and explore ways for our members, volunteers, stakeholders to feel supported by our organization.
Let us introduce At Home with 4-H – a webpage full of fun, simple and educational activities for 4-H members to do while social distancing practices are in effect. What a great time to build a bird feeder, make some yummy yogurt pops, or delve into the world of science. We will frequently add new and exciting activities so be sure to return to this page often!
Guidelines for Electronic Communication and Virtual 4-H Activities - These guidelines outline what are appropriate electronic communications and virtual activities, so that youth, parents, leaders, and staff can engage in a safe, fun, and inclusive environment.
- Building your Support System
- Can you Spot Positive Youth Development in Action?
- Feelings Thermometer Activity
- Goal Setting
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Leadership Module: Brainstorming
- Lift Me Up Hot Air Balloon Activity
- Plan a Small Virtual Activity
- Writing a Thank You Card
- Youth Adult Partnerships
- Beef: Animal Husbandry
- Beef: Breeding Management
- Beef Choosing a Project
- Beef: Production Management
- Beef: Marketing and Economics
- Beef Selecting an Animal
- Equine: Create your Own Jump Class
- Equine: Create your Own Trail Horse Class
- Equine: Crossword Puzzle Fun
- Equine: 4-H Horsemanship Video
- Equine: Word Search Activity
- Photographing Your 4-H Project Animal
- Sheep: 4-H Sheep Project Guide Activities
- Sheep: 4-H Sheep Project Guide Puzzles
SALTT (Science, Art, Life Skills, Technology and Trade) focused
- A 4-H Camp Treat: Ice Cream in a Bag
- Bouncing Eggs *thank you Telus World of Science for this awesome activity
- Big Soft Pretzels Recipe
- Build a Bird Feeder
- Build Your Own Travelling Seeds
- Colourful Pheasants
- Creative Writing Prompts
- Cute Crinkly Cat Toys
- Exploring Journey 2050
- Fun Fruit Kabobs
- Get Artistic with Lego
- Get Creative with Salt Dough
- Goats: Let’s Get Educated
- Happiness Rocks
- Invisible Ink *thank you Telus World of Science for this awesome activity
- Let’s Make Egg Muffins!
- Make Your Own Music Speaker
- Make Your Own Seed Tape
- No Sew Upcycle Tote Bag
- Photography: Spring into Summer
- The Epic Zipline Challenge
- Totally Tongue Twisted Activity
- Visual Arts Fun!
- Yummy Yogurt Pops
- COLOUR Cleaver Contest! contest ended
- Enjoy EGGperiments!
- Enjoy EGGtivities with these egg carton crafts!
- A recipe for soup any BUNNY will enjoy! (thank you to Company’s Coming )
- A recipe EGGheads! (thank you to Company’s Coming )
Cleaver Kids At Home Newsletters include the above listed activities, sometimes in an abbreviated format. So, for example, the CTV Weather Watchers page above has more information than you will find in the May 2020 newsletter. However, for your convenience, we offer full versions of the newsletters for download here: