Golden Clover Award
|Deadline: March 31, 2017 4:30 PM|
|Location: across Alberta|
4-H Alberta marks its Centennial in 2017. 100 years of 4-H history holds numerous opportunities to showcase the evolution of the program. 2017 is the time to recognize and celebrate outstanding leadership, innovative ideas, programs, activities and events that have made a difference and contributed to 4-H Alberta!
In the spirit of celebrating 100 years of 4-H in Alberta, the Golden Clover Award will be honoring the ten decades of 4-H achievement through innovative ideas and activities or events. For 2017, we are seeking nominations that span the past 100 years of 4-H in Alberta. The goal is to have 10 Golden Clover Awards, one to mark each decade. Nominations may include innovations that are still going strong or past achievements that must not be forgotten.
The Golden Clover Award serves to recognize individuals or groups who have exhibited outstanding leadership while initiating a special contribution such as an innovative idea, program, activity or event that has made a significant difference to 4-H Alberta. In 2017, we are seeking both current and historical nominations for the Golden Clover Award.
Who can be nominated?
- An individual or group, past or present, who has outstanding leadership skills while initiating their special contribution to 4-H at any level and in any decade, at the club, district, regional, or provincial level.
- Past or Present - Members, Leaders, Sponsor Representatives, Clubs, District Councils, Regional Councils, 4-H Alumni, 4-H Staff, 4-H Supporters
Examples of special contributions: (not limited to)
- Creating and piloting a new project or program
- Starting or re-organizing an event at the club, district, regional, or provincial level
- Creating a new program, activity, or partnership at any level
- Making a special contribution to 4-H
- Outstanding leadership, mentorship, volunteerism
- Facilitating a unique experience for members
Past Golden Clover Award Recipients:
Northwest 4-H Region -Horse Play Committee- Developed and organized a successful, regional, equine event with large attendance
Leta Braunwarth - Use of technology to bring members together
Provost 4-H Pavilion – Community building
Lorraine Parkinson - Club opportunity at the Calgary Stampede
Alberta Recycling Management Authority – Recycling initiatives
Henry Weigman - Program innovation
Dixie Crowson, Linda Gooch and Muffy Knox – 4-H Alberta Horsemanship video
Edith Zawadiuk - 4-H supporter and Ukraine 4-H initiative
Calgary 4-H Alumni - Calaway Caper
Milo Barfuss - Award of Excellence
UFA Cooperative LTD - Sponsorship
How to Apply:
Download the Golden Clover Application form - click here.
- Fill the form out, save, submit with testimonials or letters of support
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
- The Golden Clover Award will be announced at 4-H Fever 2017
- Past nominees can be nominated again. Applications must be re-submitted on current form.
- Recipients will be notified early June to make arrangements for presentation
4-H Council of Alberta
c/o Golden Clover Award 2017
RR1 Site 7 Box 1
Westerose AB T0C 2V0
Phone: 780-682-2648 Toll Free: 1-877-682-2244
Golden Clover Award
4-H Council web page
|Who can apply: Clubs , Leaders|
For more information contact: Susann Stone, Phone: 780-682-2648 Toll Free: 1-877-682-2244, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org